Offida D.O.C.G. Pecorino Montanaro[one_half last=”no”]
Pecorino is the grape expresses its best side right through aging, The Montanaro is its most authentic expression. Produced only in the best years from selected grapes.
Handpicked, it is fermented in small stainless steel vats and then aged in barrels from HL 50 for more than a year. Last aging is done in the bottle for a period of about 6 months. The notes that we find in this Pecorino ranging from exotic fruits until you get to feel more evolved towards honey and vanilla. The high natural acidity of this Pecorino cheese gives it a longevity of over 10 years.
- Zone of production:Offida
- Vineyard: 10 ha
- Exposition:North Est
- Altitude:450 m
- Type of soil: clay, chalk
- Varietals:100% Pecorino. Best selected grapes.
- Fermentation:stainless steel 10°-12°
- Ageing:12 months in stainless steel. barrels and bottles refinement.
- Vol. 13.50%